This is such an easy meal to make, and is wonderful if you’re feeling something fresh and light. Although it does have meat in it, you can easily substitute the Proscuitto Tortellini for cheese or spinach stuffed tortellini’s. I bought the Rana (Linked for your convenience.) brand that you can get at most grocery stores. This meal also includes sauteed mushrooms and an easy-to-make sauce that is so good just on it’s own. Topped with Parmasean and a basil leaf. I like to make this dinner on weeknights when I want something that doesn’t take hours of preperation and energy because of after school activities or I am just feeling tired. I usually pair this pasta up with caesar salad and a nice glass of pinot noir!
- 1 Package Rana Prosciutto Tortellini’s
- 1 Large Bell Pepper
- 4-5 Roma Tomatoes
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic
- 1/2 Large Yellow Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 8 White Mushrooms halved
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper for taste
- Oregeno and/or Italian Seasoning
- Fresh Basil for garnish
- Shaved Parmasean
- In a large skillet, warm up to medium heat and add Olive Oil- Once warm, add chopped garlic, Chopped Onion, and Bell Pepper until mildly fragrant.
- Chop Tomatoes into quarters and add to skillet. Season with Salt, pepper, Italian Seasoning. Reduce to low heat and allow it to roast.
- Meanwhile, boil large pot of water for tortellini. and in a smaller sauce pan, melt butter for mushrooms.
- Once Pasta water is starting to boil, add salt and oregano in water for flavor and cook tortellini and drain water.
- Sautee mushrooms and set aside.
- Once the veggies are fully roasted. (Tenter, and mildly browned) puree in small blender.
- Build by starting with tortellini, then sautéed mushrooms, sauce. Garnish with Parmesan and Basil.