Chicken Piccata was one of my first meals I was excited to make. I have never liked cooking. After having a family, I made meals because I had to, not because I had a passion for it. This meal was inspired by the Cheesecake Factory- When I tried it there for the first time, I was so impressed by the complimenting flavors of zest and savory, I definitely had to make it at home… a lot! As a beginner in cooking, I loved making this meal because it was so easy to make, and it tasted like I was experienced cook!
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Black Pepper
- 1 Tsp Paprika
- Chopped Parsley
- Shaved Parmasean
- Angel Hair Pasta
Poultry and Produce:
- 6-8 Chicken Tenderloins (tenderized.)
- 4-6 Tbsp Canola or Vegetable Oil (For cooking Chicken.)
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Small Yellow Onion
- 3-4 cloves Garlic (I love garlic.)
- 4-5 White Mushrooms
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 1 1/2 Cups White wine… I always start with one cup…and splash in more 😉
- 1/2 Large Lemon
- Starting with the breading, mix all ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
- Then take two pieces of wax paper, and place Chicken Tenderloins in between to tenderize. (I don’t have a kitchen hammer, so I used the back of a large cooking spoon.)
- Bread the Chicken once and evenly. Then, DO…IT..AGAIN. (Typically, I’d egg wash, but I prefer a thin breading. You’re more than welcome to dip in egg if that’s what you prefer! I mean, you’re making this for you right now…not me.) Then cook the chicken in oil and 1 Tbsp butter for about 3-6 minutes each side. Remove from pan and set aside. (Around this time, I start boiling water for noodles, and start making them.) I like to save a 1/2 cup of pasta water to thicken sauce up a little bit.
- With remaining oil and what’s left of chicken debris, throw in chopped and minced garlic and onion on medium heat until fragrant and onion is translucent. Then, add chopped mushrooms until soft.
- Add in White wine, allow it to simmer down some and then squeeze in lemon juice and add capers. Reduce heat. You can add the 1/2 cup of pasta water to the mix as well.
- Drain noodles and mix in with sauce. Place chicken on top and garnish with chopped parsley and Parmesan. I like to spoon out capers, a little sauce, and onion/garlic mix and drape it over chicken because the sauce is more loose.