Who doesn’t love a good Benny for Sunday brunch? Especially now that Mother’s day is coming up, treat yo mama right to this delicious meal! I remember when I was younger every mother’s day I would make my mama her favorite breakfast which was Salmon Locks Eggs Benedict. Even though I am not a fan of smoked locks, I have had enough practice to now grow in tune to my own taste and liking. So here is my favorite combination of flavor on my Benny!
- 2 Eggs
- 1 English muffin cut in half
- 1 Roma (or small) Tomato
- 3-4 Small Brussel Sprouts
- 3-4 Small White Mushrooms
- Hollandaise Sauce (I use McCormick) Linked here: https://www.mccormick.com/spices-and-flavors/recipe-mixes/gravies-and-sauces/hollandaise-sauce-mix
- BUTTER (1/4 c required for sauce, and a Tbsp for spread.)
- Thick Ham Slices
- Capers (for garnish)
- I start with the Hollandaise sauce. I get a small sauce pan and follow the directions on the back. (Requires you to melt 1/4 Cup butter, add water and mix and stir gradually until thick.) I set this aside on warm or covered.
- Heat up a frying pan on medium- low heat and add 1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the pan, allowing it to heat up. Chop up the tomatos, mushrooms, and brussels and add to pan. Stir to allow full coverage from oil and cook until it first starts to soft, then reduce heat to low. and add ham to side of pan to warm up.
- Toast the two halves of english muffin in toaster and I like it lightly buttered.
- As the veggies/ham are roasting in pan, you will want to start cooking your eggs. I prefer poached eggs, but I also have cooked over easy on my lazy days. To Poach: Heat up water to a boil. I usually start by grabbing a spoon and make circles in the water along the perameter making into a whirlpool effect- gently crack an egg in the center and continue to circle the pan until the egg is fully white and appears to be cooked. Remove with a small strainer spoon.
- The Build Up: Place english muffins on plate, then add the ham slices to each slice of english muffin. Add the poached eggs to the ham and lay out the roasted veggies. Drizzle, or pour the hollandaise sauce and top off with 1-2 tsp capers.